Good Evening DGF enthusiasts!
Do you have a sluggish metabolism? You can fight back by doing these things throughout your day to boost your metabolism from morning ’til night.
1. Eat green at every meal. The chewiness of fruits and veggies (some whole grains) makes your mouth work harder, and the high-fiber content also takes more energy to digest, which combined adds up to a 10% increase in calorie burn. Choose these foods in their whole, natural state to reap more of the metabolism-boosting benefits.
2. Eat the Right Amount of lean protein. Protein also requires more energy to digest while keeping you feeling full and satisfied, so be sure to include this essential nutrient in every meal about 4 oz twice a day and 8 oz once a day.
3. Push yourself. Right before every meal and snack, get on the floor and do 20 to 50 push ups (choose the amount for your strength level). Short bursts of exercise can lead to a 200 calorie afterburn throughout the day, and lean muscle also burns more fat.
4. Sip green tea or water. Decaffeinated Green tea contains catechins, an antioxidant that raises resting metabolism by four percent (about 80 calories a day). If you’re not into this beverage, sip plain old water to avoid dehydration, which can slow down metabolism.
5. Rest easy, get enough sleep. Stress not only leads to high-calorie snacking, it can actually slow your metabolism. So it’s important to take regular breaks from your busy day. If you have a desk job, meditating may not be the best choice as studies have shown that sitting for an hour or more reduces the fat-burning enzymes in your body by as much as 90 percent. Get up and dance to your favorite song, go for a five-minute brisk walk, or move through a stress relieving stretching or yoga routine. Make sure you get 7 or more hours of sleep per night to restore your body’s ability to fight off free radicals, repair itself and rejuvenate yourself at a cellular level.
The Diamond Guru
PS. ASK ME ABOUT MY AFFORDABLE WEIGHT LOSS-NUTRITIONAL PLAN!